Apply for Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Program – The Data Science Fellowship Programme is a component of Kaduna State’s Data Revolution Plan, which aims to improve collaboration in data gathering and utilization for evidence-based decision making.
The Kaduna State Government, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Natview Foundation for Technology Innovation are all working together on the Data Lab Project.
It is a 5-year project aimed at assisting the state in achieving the Data Revolution Plan, with the primary goal of strengthening human capital in data science and data-driven decision making.
Over the course of five years, the Data Science Fellowship Programme would train 100 young people in cohorts. The fellowship’s first cohort effectively trained 30 young people in Data Science and the use of current decision-
The 6-month program would include 3-months of intensive training in a classroom learning environment and a 3-month paid internship where participants would have the opportunity to work closely with the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics.
Benefits of Kaduna State Government Data Science Fellowship Program
Participants of the programme will benefit from the following:
- A chance to upgrade your skills and develop a career in the most sought after industry in the world.
- An opportunity to work with a team of public policy experts, Data Analysts to contribute to development planning, public policy, and use of data for evidence based decision making in the Health Sector.
- 6 months fully paid internship programme with industry
leaders and stakeholders within the health sector.
- Model data using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab.
- Build a sustainable network within the Data Science Ecosystem.
Eligibility Requirements For Data Science Fellowship Program
- Age: 18yrs – 35yrs except for exceptional cases
- Location: The State of residence must be in Kaduna
- Academic Qualifications: Graduate of Tertiary Institutions in any of the STEMS courses particularly: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Physical Sciences, and any other health related discipline. Undergraduates within the STEM fields identified who are doing their 6months to 1 year Internships are also encouraged to apply.
- Competency Level: We are looking for people with the following skills:1. Basic Computer Knowledge2. Basic Knowledge around using Data &
Understanding of Microsoft Excel3. Problem Solving Skills
4. Communication Skills (Written and Verbal English)
- Gender: 50% gender balancing and distribution will be considered during selection process.
Interview date, Process and Venue
Everyone who is selected will hear from us by the 9th Aug., 2023 An announcement will be made on the Click-On Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme website and all Click-On Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme social media handles; furthermore all applicants will receive a notification by e-mail.
- July 1st , 2023 – Applications open
- July 21st, 2023 – Applications close
- July 24th – July 27th – Review of applications and selection of successful participants
- July 29th – Computer Based Testing
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th Aug. – One-on-One Interview
- 9th Aug – Successful participants are informed
- 16th Aug. – Induction/Orientation for participants
- 21st Aug. – Classes starts
How To Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Kaduna State Government on www.datascience.click-onkaduna.ng to apply.
Step 1: Fill and Submit the application form
Step 2: You will receive an email with an activation link
Step 3: Click the activation link to activate your profile
Step 4: Create a new password then Login to your profile
Step 5: Write an easy of not more than 250 words. Why you should be selected for the programme, and Upload a valid means of identification (i.e Voters card, National ID Card, Driver’s License or
International Passport) NB: Image type should be .jpg
Step 6: Upload a video of not more than 2 minutes telling us what make you stand out
Step 7: You will get a confirmation status of your application
Step 8: If successful, then you will be contacted to take a Computer Based Test
Step 9: If successful, then you will be contacted to attend a One on One Interview with the Selection
Step 10: Join the Second Cohort for the Fellowship Programme
For more details, visit KSG website on http://www.datascience.click-onkaduna.ng/data-science-series