To make Doughnut is very easy and it’s so important to know how to do it, without having any problems. Some people use to call it snacks. Chin-Chin in Hausa Nigeria, its among the foods competiting with Akara popularly know as beans cake and many street foods. Both of them are made with almost the same procedure but doughnut is made from all purpose flour and other ingredients, while Akara is made from beans flour with few ingredients.
However, doughnut has several types like blank, rounded, with white line, and more. On this step I want to show you, or teaches you how to get that white beautiful line in it is as easy as making a simple dough and allowing it to increase in size before frying using Yeast,Baking powder and flavors.
Step first, let get our list of ingredients you will need for your doughnut recipe, the ingredients listed below:
Ingredients – List
Flour – 500grams
Sugar – 100grams
Yeast – 1 Spoon
Butter – 100grams
Salt – ½ Spoon
Baking Powder – 2 Spoons
Egg – 1 Piece
Water – 1 Cup
You can use any flavor of your choice to make it so special, i recommend you to use Vanilla/Milk Flavor/Nutmeg or Strawberry.
Procedure on how to make a dough. You will need to do all of this below:
1.Sieve the flour and nutmeg into a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a small bowl pour in one cup of water then your measured sugar and yeast and stir the liquid until the yeast dissolves.
3. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the liquid, butter and egg.
4. Mix everything together to have a smooth dough.
5. Cover the dough and keep in a warm place for about 20 minutes or until it doubles in size.
6. Then knock down on a floured surface and knead until soft and smooth.
7. Use a sharp knife to cut out and weigh the dough on a scale
75grams. Note that weighing the dough depends on the size you want your doughnut, till you finish the dough.
8.Then roll into circle to make a round ball and place on a floured tray till you arre through with the dough.
9. Leave it to rest for another 20 minutes in a warm place.
10.Then deep fry until become golden brown then flip it to the other white side and fry. That’s how to achieve the white line.