Access Bank Plc Climate Leadership Fellowship. Climate change impact is ravaging the world. In Nigeria, its impacts have led to severe cases of drought, desertification, flooding, and disruption in rainfall patterns. These impacts adversely affect man’s health, wellbeing and environment. Agricultural yields have been heavily affected causing high poverty rate in the north. Extreme flooding, disease spread through contaminated water is reported in the south.
It is in recognition of this that the Climate Smart Nigeria in partnership with Glow initiative for Economic Empowerment with support from Access Bank PLC is investing into a new generation of young energy leaders to lead change for energy transition vis-a-vis climate action across Nigeria.
The Climate Leadership Fellowship (Special edition for Energy Leaders) is designed to provide expert training fellows who are within or are passionate and willing to make a difference in clean cooking, clean energy, solar power, waste to energy sectors on concept and applications of renewable energy for a better climate.
After training, all fellows will then Adopt a School where they will teach climate change and renewable energy helping to groom young ones who will promote a climate resilient nation. All fellows will receive a climate education toolkit for teaching in schools and a certificate of climate leadership.
About Access Bank
Over the past 26 years, Access Bank Plc has evolved from an obscure Nigerian Bank into a world-class African financial institution. Today, we are one of the five largest banks in Nigeria in terms of assets, loans, deposits and branch network; a feat which has been achieved through a robust long-term approach to client solutions providing committed and innovative advice. Access Bank has built its strength and success in corporate banking and is now applying that expertise to the personal and business banking platforms it acquired from Nigeria’s International Commercial bank in 2012.
Benefits of Access Bank Plc Climate Leadership Fellowship
- Provide expert training on climate change advocacy in relation to clean energy transition and leadership to promote national climate resilience.
- Expose young people to the various opportunities within the renewable energy sector.
- To establish Green Clubs across two hundred secondary schools in Nigeria’s six geopolitical zones
- To train and mentor two hundred young Nigerians as climate change educators in the year
- To train 20000 secondary school students as climate champions through the fellows Adopt a School and Teach climate change in Year 1
- To provide internship and work experience for trained climate advocates through the Adopt a School
- To invest in and Promote a climate-resilient energy sector
- Build two hundred sustainability and climate-smart schools across the six geopolitical zones
- Open to youth aged 22 – 35 years;
- Demonstrated leadership for climate change and renewable energy;
- Part of a growing environmental/renewable energy organization or involved/interested in a renewable energy business (serving Corp members with interest in renewable energy can apply);
- Graduated from University;
- Interested in clean/renewable energy solutions for electricity or for cooking;
- Passion to promote awareness for climate change.
- From any part of the world but resident in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Access Bank on climateleadershipfellowship.org to apply
Selected applicants should be available and willing to teach climate change within their communities using the provided toolkit, participate in the climate leadership expert training, submit a fellowship work plan, and be available for all virtual meetings
For more details, visit Climate Smart Nigeria website on http://climateleadershipfellowship.org/